Thursday, November 18, 2010

Mr. Barton Biggs and Hedgehogging

Mr. Barton Biggs has written a book called, Hedgehogging. Mr. Biggs used to be the head of Morgan Stanley’s Asset Management business and research groups. He now works for himself at his hedge fund called Traxis Partners LP.

In my opinion, this is not a very catchy title for a book, nonetheless, it really is a very good book to read. When I was younger I worked for a small firm that had close ties to Morgan Stanley and we used the firm for its trading and research. I used to read many research reports, but I remember always wanting to read his research reports and letters to clients.

The book is not a how-to type of book. It is a collection of many stories and ideas that he has gathered over a lifetime of investing. His varied investment experiences and broad thoughts on many topics make the book fun to read and very thought-provoking. I highly recommend it and I am putting in my recommended reading list. I will also be writing about some of the concepts discussed in the book in the near future. Now it’s onto Mr. Soros’ latest book, The Credit Crises of 2008 and What It Means.

No comments:

Post a Comment