Friday, November 5, 2010

Working through Underperformance as a System Trader

This is a quote by Eleanor Roosevelt which I would like to share with you. I find it inspiring and helpful.

“The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams.”

When times are tough and you are underperforming, especially as a system trader, you need to stay optimistic and know that you will experience good and bad times. It is just the nature of the game. We now have three trading weeks left before we close out the year. I am interested to see how things play out.

Looking at our historical data we know that rough years can occur. This year has been one of them, as was 2002. My models and my heart also tell me that when I look at the historical results, I also see great performance the years following a relatively poor year. Let’s see what happens…

No comments:

Post a Comment